Sat, Oct 14|
Sip, Swap and Shop Event
Do you have great pieces of clothing that maybe you just don't wear anymore, you got them home and they just aren't right or perhaps they are part of the closet that we just can't fit into anymore?
Time & Location
Oct 14, 6:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Toronto, 926 Kingston Rd, Toronto, ON M4E 1S2, Canada
About the event
Our event will start at 6:30pm on October 14th for mingling, and the swap will officially begin at 7pm, so make sure you are there on time to find some treasures!
What does your ticket include:
-5 swap vouchers. Each voucher can be exchanged for one item of clothing.
-Drinks and Nibbles
Have a bag of clothes to contribute to the swap? Awesome! You will receive 5 more tickets per bag of clothes when you arrive at the swap on Saturday, October 14th.
For the clothes; we are keeping it classy with higher end/brand name fashion that has been gently used or still new. All clothes must be washed and ready to go for drop off. (none of your 3 week old trunk donation bags :))
To donate clothes, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange a drop off. Last day to drop off items is Thursday October 12th
The goal of this event is to raise funds forRoyal LePage Shelter Foundation & Local Women's Shelters helping women dress for success!
Please Note: Tickets are non-refundable
Have more questions? Check out the FAQ's BELOW:
Sip, Swap & Shop FAQ’s
What is a “Sip, Swap & Shop?”
- Simply put, this is a clothing swap. It’s an opportunity to do some shopping without spending a penny (swapping clothes), while sipping a glass of something lovely, and doing good for your community.
- This is the best way to clear out your closet! Gather your gently used (and clean!), nearly new, or new and never worn items (more on that in a sec), and drop them off to The Tory Brown Team or Studio Mooi. We sort, prep and hang clothes and accessories to create a boutique a Studio Mooi.
- On Saturday, October 14th, you show up, ready to enjoy a night of “shopping” in our Swap Boutique - finding great new-to-you pieces to add to your wardrobe.
How does it work? Each ticket includes 5 swap vouchers. Each swap voucher can be exchanged for one item of clothing.
- Have a bag of clothes to contribute to the swap? Awesome! You will receive 5 more vouchers per bag of clothes when you arrive at the swap on Saturday, October 14th.
- Our event will start at 6:30pm on October 14th for mingling, and the swap will officially begin at 7pm, so make sure you are there on time to find some treasures!
What items can be swapped?
Please bring anything you would be happy to receive, including:
- Accessories, including handbags, jewellery, scarves, hats, belts etc.
- Good to excellent condition
Please DO NOT bring:
- Broken items
*Here’s a good rule of thumb: If you wouldn’t be happy to receive the item, please don’t bring it to the swap.
What is the drop off deadline?
- We will gladly accept them prior to Thursday October 12th. Please do not bring items with you on the night of the event.
What happens on October 14th?
- Sip, Swap & Shop will begin at 6:30pm for check-in (grab those tickets!) with a chance to mingle and chat to friends. The swap itself will begin at 7:15pm, when the swap ribbon will be cut and you can begin finding great new clothes and accessories to add to your wardrobe.
- We will have a communal change room available, but if you want a pro-swap tip, here it is:
- Wearing a tank top and leggings is a great way to be able to try things on without having to fight for space in a change room. You can pull pants, skirts, jackets, tops and dresses over your outfit, without a lot of fuss, which will save time and effort.
We know we don’t have to say this, but we will anyway: please be courteous when swapping!
- Don’t hold on to items that you are not interested in, and please rehang any items after trying them on. We appreciate you!
- Swapped items will be exchanged at one voucher per item. So, if you dropped off one bag of clothes (5 swap vouchers), plus your 5 swap vouchers, you can “buy” 10 items. Wow!!
Remember how we mentioned this was an opportunity to do good?
Here’s how: All unswapped clothes and the proceeds from the tickets will go towards supporting Royal LePage Shelter Foundation & Local Women's Shelters helping women dress for success!
Sip, Swap and Shop Ticket
This ticket includes the following: -5 Vouchers for swapping -Snacks and a Drink$22.12Tax: +$2.88 708487806Sale ended